Why is it whenever I go to Starbucks, I leave smelling like Starbucks? I escaped to the coffee haven (where I drink tea…) after school to get some grading done before dinner. Let’s not like, if I went home, I was only going to sleep.
I think that the Starbucks that I choose to grade at on the regular is possibly the coldest Starbucks ever. I don’t know if that makes the coffee smell more intense, or what? Either way, about the time that I start getting a headache from the intensity of coffee and below freezing temperatures – it’s time to go.
There’s a certain level of success as I leave the Starbucks. I succeeded at so many things:
– Grading 100 nine-weeks projects.
– not telling that guy on a speakerphone what I thought about his being on a speakerphone
– managing not to go and hug the older couple who were drinking coffee, holding hands and reading the paper
– not fan-girling the waiter from a local restaurant (that I clearly frequent) who came in for coffee and a chat with his roommate (best friend? acquaintance? favorite barista?)
– not telling the group next to me where they should go to eat when they were debating out loud
– not jumping in the group next to me’s self-photos that they were instantly sharing on all kinds of social media networks
– and not freezing my nose off!
All in all a successful moment. Not a situation that equaled angels descending from the heavens, but I think there was definitly a fanfare of wind in the trees at least.